Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Off to Baku

Today I start the journey to my first ever senior World Cup. Catching the National Express to Heathrow then flying to Baku, Azerbaijan at 10 am tomorrow morning.
Now all the planning is out the way I'm just excited to get there and compete with the best climbers in the World. I reckon it's going to be flipping hard but finding out what I have to do do compete at this level will help me train this summer so I'm ready for the next World cup i'm going to in June.

Over the past couple of months I really increased the amount of training I was doing, hoping to get much stronger before Baku, though it has been hard having to revise for my exams at the same time. I did have a little break over Easter and went to Mallorca, to sport climb outdoors for the first time. I spent most of the trip getting used to it and doing easy stuff, pretty much just 'active sunbathing', though on 4th and last day I had a go at a 7a+ and surprised myself. Once I had had a go finding all the holds, I didn't find it too hard at all and I was much less scared on a climb I actually had to think about. I really want to do more now and try some hard stuff.



I also recently got sponsorship off Beyond Hope for prAna and Metolious!! So happy to represent both these awesome companies.

                                            short video of me getting some comp prep in at different walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment